Top immunity boosting tips for senior citizens – Good health and good nutrition go hand in hand, a good diet of foods, herbs, and spices rich in certain vitamins and minerals is highly recommended for seniors who want to boost their immune systems. It is essential to add on the things that are highly beneficial t elevate the immunity in elders, as the impact of the current Covid virus is dangerous for senior citizens especially, this is why is important to maintain the strong immunity, here below we have listed the top immunity-boosting tips for senior citizens.
Eating healthy and adding the ingredients to a diet that offers the power to keep the immunity boosted helps the senior citizens to stay healthy and strong immunity offers the strength to fight back infections, diseases, and viruses. To ensure better health it is necessary for senior citizens to take care of their diet and follow few tips to boost immunity.
Top immunity boosting tips for senior citizens
Eat clean – To eat clean and have well-balanced, portion-controlled meals that include protein, carbohydrates, good fats, and fiber helps to enhance a balanced diet and increased energy level. Take care of the proper meal intakes every time and try not to skip food. Try and increase the amount of fiber intake in the regular diet that eventually helps in constipation issues, keep hydrated, and reducing excess salt consumption. To fuels the antibodies that fight infection is is always important to take a portion of protien regularly. Some of the good resources of protien intake are dairy, fish, eggs, chicken, pulses, etc, or else you can also gor for digestible protein supplement (plant-based, pea protein, soy protein).
- Vitamins Intake – Reach for vitamin supplements, when thinking of how to boost the immune system in the elderly. Vitamins C, B6, and E provide the biggest benefits to the immune system. It is the best way to attain the benefits from fruits, vegetables, lean meats, oily fish, and nuts, many seniors prefer to take vitamin supplements. Moreover going with natural herbs-based supplements also helps.
- Sleep more – Most important factor when it comes to immunity is taking the proper sleeping cycles. Insufficient cytokines, a protein that largely fights infection and inflammation are because of lack of sleep and proper rest. To enhance the immunity level, it is highly important to take seven-eight hours of sleep.
- Exercise well – This helps oxygen reach every cell of your body. For elder citizens it is actually hard to exercise for hours or to do heavy exercises for then we recommend going for yoga, brisk walks, floor exercises to get some movement. As exercise is the mandatory part when it comes to boosting immunity. Yoga is probably one of the best ways for old citizens to enhance their immunity.
Below we have mentioned some simple tips which shall help you in boosting the immunity of elder citizens:
- Avoid simple sugars in any form
- Reduce the intake of alcohol as it completely affects the immunity when consumed in excess.
- Foods with preservatives or processed foods are not good for health thus affects immunity.
- Don’t serve ice water.
- Always include spices into cooking, such as turmeric, black pepper, cumin, coriander as they boost the functioning of the immune system.
- Throughout the day to boost digestion, serve hot water or fresh ginger tea
- Use clarified butter (ghee) for cooking.
- Do not overcook your food.
- Serve food at fixed timings every day at fixed intervals.
- Irrespective of age, 30-40 minutes of physical activity, maybe simple walking is a must along with spending 20 min in sunlight for the daily dose of vitamin D
- Ayurvedic supplements that increase the power of digestive fire and support strong immune function can also be included in the daily diet.
Mentioned above are the top Immunity boosting tips for senior citizens, it is highly mandatory to take natural powerful ingredients to keep the immunity strong as senior citizens require maintained immunity to fight back the viruses or infections. So go through the amazing immunity-boosting tips for elderly people above.